Wednesday 25 February 2015

'Winter Blooms'

Hi everyone, there are a couple of challenges I've really missed being able to enter recently... in fact it's been absolutely yonks..so I've been on a mission today 'playing' and I'm entering this in the Frilly and Funkie 'Winter Blooms' challenge here and the 'tic, tac, toe' challenge over at 'Our Creative Corner' here.




It's a mixed media canvas panel and although it didn't have to have a wintry feel, it's the way I wanted to go, a neutral background, a little shimmer and blue tinted flowers. As for the 3 choices for tic, tac, toe, by the time I'd finished I realised I'd used all of them (which may disqualify me)...but the first 'tic, tac, toe' line I started with was lace, stamps and embossing powder.


Some goodies arrived the other day that I wanted to have a play with, including a new Wendy Vecchi doily stamp. I covered a canvas panel with tissue wrap and stamped the doily with versamark and white embossing powder.


Next Wendy's crackle embossing paste through Tim's bubble stencil,


and some lace, trim and a die cut I had. I didn't take any more pictures after that till it was finished as I got carried away but the next step I did was coat it with some watered down gesso.


Next I applied some opaline IZINK dripped down the panel and sprayed with water. It had a lovely shine but I wanted to have some matt white areas so I hope you can see I've dripped some white gesso down just to knock it back bit. There's some black archival stamping with a new Finnabair stamp and the blue is broken china and a little chipped sapphire distress ink.


The flowers are made using the tattered florals die and the layers include tissue wrap, tyvek and crinoline ( new arrival...love it).


I also dry embossed some cotton paper and then swiped a versamark over it and used some WOW sparkling snow embossing powder on it before colouring with DI.


 There's glitter some chunky beads, silver treasure gold, glamour dust and some metal embellishments.


ooh nearly forgot...some glass bead gel.


I really enjoyed making this, lots of texture! Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks again for all the lovely comments you leave. x

25 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your list of supplies and i can imagine how much fun you have had playing with them all!

    Such a beautiful panel, love the delicate and ethereal quality it portrays along with all of the incredible textures.

    Hope you can tell i LOVE your project very much:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous textured piece and wow what am amazing flower! I need crinoline! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your beautiful detail, the shimmery wintery feel to this is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great textures and gorgeous soft colours Ruth! A real treasure!
    Have a nice day, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is beautiful - I love the wintery feel and the delicate blue hues against the white. Your flowers are stunning, and I love the crinoline. I have never heard of glass bead gel but it is something I'm off to investigate - I use micro beads quite often and they have a tendency to go everywhere, even if you only look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning canvas Ruth, love the textures and awesome details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful canvas Ruth,the textures are just outstanding. Loving the wintery feel to it as well,extremely pretty ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. PINNED IT!!!!! This is bloomin' gorgeous (see what I did there, lol) Wow Ruth, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and your sense of style! This is outstanding, there's just nothing on this that I don't absolutely love!!

    I am just so happy you joined us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Winter Blooms' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, dear Ruth,
    your flower made of so many different materials, - oh so beautiful, and your textured background is wonderful. I love the feeling of cold beauty and sparkling winter !!
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great mixed media project and all the elements you used. Beautiful result.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background is fabulous - by the time you added the flowers and the little hints of blue it turned into something amazing!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Ruth!! Your colors are very evocative of winter - here in "deep-freeze land" the long icicles often have that tinge of blue in the right light. LOVE your mix of textures and patterns through the die-cuts and texture paste! Continue to learn a lot from you! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, Ruth! I love the wintry colour scheme, and all that texture and detail - and Tim's flowers have never looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Ruth! This is fantambulous, which is much better than fantabulous! I love all the layering you did, and had to keep looking back to see each thing you described. Oh heck, I am just going to stare at your canvas! I think this is my favorite thing you've ever done, and that's not easily said!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background is fabulous Ruth but I cannot take my eyes off that gorgeous big flower, I love all the layers and different fabrics/products you used to create it. Stunning, just stunning! I would love to reach out and touch it.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so beautiful Ruth. Love all the texture and the icy colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Magnificent multi-layered blooms here Ruth on a canvas that really captures that frosty Winter feeling perfectly Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Ruth ! Love the frosty feel and all the delicious texture you've created is just yummy ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks very delightful Ruth ^.^ ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really stunning Ruth! Love the wonderful textured background, it has a really wintry feel to it! The flowers look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oops, meant to say still, thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunning Ruth! I love the multi layered background with that gorgeous sheen and your flowers are just beautiful! Love it. Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner! Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on making the top 3 at Our Creative Corner, beautiful work Ruth. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So frostily gorgeous - again with amazing textures - this is another treat.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow wow wow that texture is totally divine, wowser I have completely fell in love with this canvas, it's truly awesome. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.