Monday 17 March 2014

Sunday Stamper challenge '299'

Spurred on by the lovely comments from Hels after my first venture into blogland (huge thanks, I really appreciated it)..here is my entry for this weeks HAPPY theme It's a HAPPY birthday card for my mum this Saturday. As she doesn't even know I've started a blog I don't think she'll see it before the day.

I love the acid green leaves and vibrant flowers of spring and its the only time I use these colours. I've stamped the leaves (Lin Brown Ecletica) onto cotton paper using Hey Pesto and Limelight fresco paints.


I had some paint left over so rather than waste it I stencilled it onto some card stock through a CW stencil with the intention to use it for another project. As they are both translucent paints the background is showing through, I liked the effect.


...I painted the tissue for the flowers with fresco white and some paperartsy metallic glaze and used a script stamp (sorry not showing up very well)

and then I 'swooshed' a liitle violet and magenta pan pastel on before cutting out with the tattered florals die

After only doing faux stitching for the last challenge I thought I'd do some real stitching and yes it's meant to be wiggly!  a JOFY sentiment, some buttons and the piece of stencilled card was added in the background.



 I hope she likes it....time now to think of a mothers day card....and visit the other challenge entries. Take care and be 'HAPPY'

1 comment:

  1. WOW, your Mum will treasure that card for sure, it is a stunner... love those acid greens and purples together... LOVE IT! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.